A list of the worst Britons in history, according to ten English historians, was compiled by the BBC History Magazine in late 2005. Each historian was asked to name the worst Briton in a certain century, from the eleventh century onwards.
- 1000 to 1100: Eadric Streona
- 1100 to 1200: Thomas Becket, Archbishop of Canterbury
- 1200 to 1300: King John of England
- 1300 to 1400: Hugh Despenser (The Younger)
- 1400 to 1500: Thomas Arundel, Archbishop of Canterbury
- 1500 to 1600: Sir Richard Rich (Lord Rich of Leighs)
- 1600 to 1700: Titus Oates
- 1700 to 1800: Prince William Augustus, Duke of Cumberland
- 1800 to 1900: Jack the Ripper
- 1900 to 2000: Oswald Mosley
The list was then opened up to the public for voting, and Jack the Ripper was selected the worst Briton in history.
See also Edit
- 100 Worst Britons We Love to Hate TV series
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|