Works of art that use string instruments:
- Pablo Picasso, Violin (1912)
- Nam June Paik with performer Charlotte Moorman, TV Bra for Living Sculpture (1969) (Youtube video)
- Benjamin Patterson, Two Violins After Paik's One for Violin (1991)
- Arman, Violin (1993)
- Ken Butler, Machine Gun Violin Brown #2 (2004)
- Man Ray, Le Violon d'Ingres (Ingres's Violin) (1924): shoot of model Kiki de Montparnasse posed in the style of the neoclassical painter Ingres, with f-holes on her back so that she resembles a string instrument.