Hi, welcome to WikiLists! Thanks for your edit to the List of common misconceptions page.
Need a bot for thisEdit
I tried eliminating red links by linking them to their proper Wikipedia article, by changing all [[ into [[Wikipedia: and this worked with some, but others look odd. Thinking we need a bot to do this. Just scan until it finds double brackets, and then scan until it finds the two closing brackets, and if there is no | there, then copy the word and put it there behind a |. Example, from http://list.wikia.com/wiki/Legion_in_popular_culture
Legion, the Wikipedia:demon of Gadarenes, appears frequently as a character in Wikipedia:popular culture. The Wikipedia:Christian Wikipedia:New Testament gospels of Mark, Luke and Matthew describe an incident in which Wikipedia:Jesus meets a man, or men, possessed by demons who, when asked what their name is, respond:
- "My name is Legion, for we are many."
Anyone able to make a bot for this? Putting a request on Wikipedia for that, and linking here as an example of what it looks like. Dream Focus 08:33, March 18, 2010 (UTC)
- I finished writing the script, User:Flatscan WP/interwikiImported.js. This is an example. Let me know if you see any issues. Flatscan WP 04:09, May 3, 2010 (UTC)
New wiki you may also be interested in Edit
Hello! As you also seem interested in bilateral relationship discussions, please note this new wiki. You may also inform any relevant editors from Wikipedia who would like to contribute there. Best, --A Nobody 12:32, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
Search reveals just how many list articles there are on Wikipedia Edit
There are a lot of list articles on Wikipedia. Using the Wikipedia search  I find 691,380 articles with "List of" at the start of their name. Going through Google  searching just the Wikipedia site for "list of" it gives me "about 4,610,000 results". Sometimes that number is less though, and it may be including all the times someone links to a "list of" article and whatnot. Unless someone makes a bot for this, that's a whole lot of work to get done. Dream Focus 17:18, June 9, 2010 (UTC)
- I just requested a bot be made.  Dream Focus 17:28, June 9, 2010 (UTC)
- I have granted you adminship. Good luck with the Bot! Best, --A Nobody 21:18, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
Just completing a transwiki a deleted article someone requested on my talk page over at enwp. Had to do it the bad way due to the 20MP XML upload limit. If sysops here can override that, I'd prefer to e-mail someone the XML file and get it done right. (Of course, not transwiking the whole history intact allows me NOT to worry if there is a BLP minefield in the history!) Courcelles 05:40, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Also, is there any way to get away from this skin and back to something I can actually use? Thanks. Courcelles 05:45, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
- The skin is mandatory for all wikia now, much to the horror of many of us. Many have left because of it, some of the most popular wikias having their regular editors move elsewhere. I've always had problems with a 10MB XML upload limit. I recently learned of a bot that allows you to upload files regardless of their size, automatically grabbing the full history of all the ones you want, and uploading them a part of a time automatically. http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Pywikipediabot I have no idea how to use it though. But its what a guy said he used when he transwikied the full history of all the articles at the Ultima Wikia to their new home. The only way I know to do it, is to manual split it into smaller files. Each one has to have the top part copied to its top. All the way down to </siteinfo>. You have to copy the bottom most line of </mediawiki> to the bottom of each file. Dream Focus 15:36, December 5, 2010 (UTC)