| This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the Guide to deletion.
Unregistered users placing this tag on an article cannot complete the deletion nomination and should leave detailed reasons for deletion on Talk:List of works of fiction set in 2029. If the nomination is not completed and no message is left on the talkpage, this tag may be removed.
This is a list of works of fiction set largely or wholly in 2029.
Computer and video games Edit
- Deus Ex (2000): JC Denton's "assigned birth date" is March 17.
- Shadow of the Ninja, also known as Kage and Blue shadow, the events unfold of Emperor Garuda taking over, and the ninjas overthrowing him.
- Gekitotsu Dangan Jidōsha Kessen: Battle Mobile (激突弾丸自動車決戦バトルモービル, "Mobile Kessen Battle Bullets Car Crash") a Super Famicom vertically-scrolling action video game from System Sacom.
- Homefront: The Revolution: The events of the game take place in this year.
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is set in this year, two years after Human Revolution.
- The Terminator (1984): One terminator and a soldier, a T-800 and Kyle Reese, are sent back in time from 2029 to 1984 to, respectively, kill and protect a woman called Sarah Connor.
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991): Two Terminators, a T-800 and a T-1000, are sent back in time from 2029 to 1995 to, respectively, protect and kill John Connor as a ten year old child.
- The ending of the film Death Becomes Her (1992) is set in this year.
- Ghost in the Shell (1995) and Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie (2015).
- Tycus (2000) direct-to-video movie.
- In the 2001 remake Planet of the Apes, the main character is from 2029 on board a USAF spaceship orbiting near Saturn.
- According to the movie The Martian (2015), the first manned mission to Mars, Ares I, lands on Mars in 2029.
- Terminator Genisys (2015), Kyle Reese is sent from the year 2029 to 1984 by John Connor.
- Six Feet Under ("Everyone's Waiting", 2005): Keith Charles is shot and killed by robbers seizing the contents of his armored truck.
- Race to Mars, a fictional show about a manned expedition to Mars, takes place between 2029 and 2030.
- Guilty Crown, year when the virus "Apocalypse Virus" spreads and plunges Japan into a state of chaos known as the "Lost Christmas"
- Marshall Eriksen from How I Met Your Mother opens his wife (Lily Aldrin)'s death letter on November 1, 2029, despite her not being dead.
- ↑ "Japanese title". superfamicom.org. http://superfamicom.org/info/gekitotsu-dangan-jidousya-kessen-battle-mobile. Retrieved 2008-04-29.
- ↑ "Homefront: The Revolution Release Date — Release Date" (in en-US). Release Date. 2015-06-02. http://release-date.info/games/homefront-the-revolution-release-date-846436/.
- ↑ Square, Push (2015-04-07). "Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Takes Place Two Years After Human Revolution". Push Square. http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/04/deus_ex_mankind_divided_takes_place_two_years_after_human_revolution.